HAPPY NEW YEAR! What are you doing to improve your life this year?

My personal goal for this year is to improve my focus. I tend to be distracted by things going on around me, and I start more tasks than I finish. I've been reflecting on the fact that I have become less structured in my personal life, and I need to take steps to reverse that trend. Then I will have more time to do for others, as well.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Water, water, everywhere!

My eyes are bloodshot from reading, reading, reading. I hardly knew where to begin writing this evening, so I ended up doing a general introduction to what will become a series of articles regarding how the central San Joaquin Valley water distribution system developed into what we have today, what strengths or weaknesses exist, and some possible solutions to our current agricultural water dilemma.

I have found articles regarding sinking farmland and one farmer who found a way to sell some water to Mojave Desert; dealt with computer glitches; chased links to and from the Farm Bureau website; got distracted and read about Indian basketweaving, desert apricots, and prickly pear tunas. . . . I responded to a few who commented on "Plea for water to San Joaquin Valley gets major boost." Oh, and I managed to brush the dog and talk my husband into checking my car to find out why it wouldn't start. Of course, it started just fine for him!

On a serious note: I really want to do justice to the water issue. It's too important to gloss over. My intention has never been to simply get folks riled up. [I'm not the shouting head type.] As an educator, I WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWERS. I know I have a lot to learn, but I'm going to keep plugging away until I feel I have a handle on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment